Deep and Varied Experience
Radha brings 25 years of experience in Banking, Asset Management and Forensic Accounting. He has co-managed a value portfolio for a hedge fund, worked as a senior analyst at an investment bank, and managed a structured product business selling products based on proprietary indices to institutional and high net worth clients. He is an expert in developing learning strategies and training programs for employees and clients of investment banks and assets managers. As a member of the Financial Markets Education team at UBS, he set up the UBS Academy for developing and offering specialized training programs to employees and clients in trading, institutional sales, research (Equity, Fixed income and FX) and Investment Banking. He is also an adjunct professor at Columbia Business School, Johnson School at Cornell, Simon School at Rochester, and Wharton School at UPenn.
Banking, Research, Sales and Trading, Capital Markets
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Credit Analysis
- M&A Accounting & Taxation
- Bond basics
- FX Fundamentals
- Derivative Fundamentals
- Capital Markets
- Special Situations Analysis
- High-yield Investments Analysis
- Convertible Debt and Options Strategies
Accounting and Finance Consulting
- Value investing and special situations analysis
- Index and portfolio construction
- Forensic accounting analysis
- Building and implementing analytical tools for training/trading/selling/investing
- Columbia Business School: Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Simon School, University of Rochester: Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Wharton Business School: Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions
FAV Partners: Managing Partner
Darien, CT 2012-
- Consulting and education services on asset management, valuation, accounting, and asset allocation strategies to institutional clients.
- Manager, Value portfolio
Manikay Partners: Senior Investment Analyst & Manager, Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund
New York, NY 2008-2011
- Worked as senior analyst/co-manager on portfolio implementing value, growth at a reasonable price, and special situations investment strategies.
- Part of the team that set up the fund. Was responsible for design, build and supervision of research and risk platforms, training and reporting systems. As senior analyst, was responsible for building and maintaining models, visiting companies, attending conferences, developing industry/sector/geography expertise, and generating and presenting investment ideas.
- Developed presentations to investors (current and potential) and participated in investor meetings.
- Managed broker and vendor relationships.
Morgan Stanley: Executive Director, Modelware Investment Strategies
New York, NY 2007-2008
- Built and sold structured products to institutional and high net worth clients, Worked with clients on a broad range of investment products and strategies.
- Managed a team that developed and built equity indices using proprietary fundamental indicators; and marketed proprietary indices and structured products.
- Managed compliance and follow up reporting. Worked with internal/external counsel.
- Managed a team of five highly qualified professionals.
UBS Investment Bank: Director
Stamford, CT / New York, NY 2001-2007
- Member of the legendary “Financial Markets Education” team that ran in-house training and development programs for institutional sales, sales traders, traders, research sales and analysts.
- Set up and ran the “UBS Academy” offering education and training programs to clients on a wide range of bank products and services across equities, fixed income and foreign exchange.
- Worked alongside institutional sales to sell bank products and services. Developed several tools and models for client use alongside the education and training programs for intrinsic and relative valuations, factor and risk analysis, portfolio analytics and transaction analyzers.
- Worked with corporate advisory teams - E.g., advised GM and Home Depot on FX hedging strategies, worked on Hilton acquisition of Hilton International.
- Worked with the prop desk on long-short strategies. Developed investment ideas based on fundamental value, growth, special situations, capital structure and forensic accounting based ideas. Visited companies, built models, attended conferences and developed sector expertise.
- In house technical expert on accounting (US GAAP and IFRS). Mentored UBS banking and research teams and handled requests on accounting and valuation questions.
University of Minnesota: Assistant Professor of Accounting
Minneapolis, MN 1994-2001
- Outstanding teacher – nominated for teacher of the year.
- Global teaching profile – taught in Executive Education programs at top MBA programs around the world.
- Research on capital markets published in major peer reviewed academic journals. Also presented at NBER and several major Universities.
- Academic papers highly cited for statistical and fundamental empirical research process methodologies.
- Advisor, Golden Gopher Growth Fund, a student managed investment fund.
Unilever plc: Vice President of Finance
Chennai, India 1982–1988
- Managed treasury operations for Indian business.
- Head of financial planning and analysis - performed product level profitability analysis and supported pricing decisions.
- Developed and managed budgeting system for company.
- Managed local and parent company financial accounting and reporting responsibilities
University of Michigan: Ph.D. in Business Administration,
Ann Arbor, MI 1995
- Major: Accounting
- Minor: Finance and Economics
University of Michigan: M.A. in Economics
Ann Arbor, MI 1993
- Major: Econometrics
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India: Chartered Accountant
New Delhi, India 1983
Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta: MBA
Calcutta, India 1983
- Major: Finance
University of Calcutta: Bachelor of Commerce (Honors)
Calcutta, India 1983
- Major: Accounting